Friday 14 May 2010

...The Story Continues! Part 4 & 5

Everything started to happen in slow motion, sounds became muffled. Even though the sun was shining, it seemed to get darker all of a sudden. I soon realised that the woman now standing in front of me, protecting me, the woman surrounded in mystery, the glow that had been emitting from her was gone. It had been replaced with something that scared me.

People were scattering in all directions trying to finding hiding places. The men from the car had pulled out guns, causing all the pandemonium. I stood fast, unable to move, as if rooted to the spot. My protector turned her head just enough so I could see the flicker of a grin on her face. At first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me as a bench rose into the air. It then flew towards the two men within the blink of an eye, smashing into the bald headed man, who too seemed shocked at seeing the bench flying toward him. The second man managed to jump out of the way just in time. Taking aim he fired his weapon; he had aimed directly me. I closed my eyes expecting to die.

I opened my eyes in time to see the bullets float before me and fall to the ground. What looked to me like an invisible wave of air, erupting from my protector's hand, lifted the shooter into the air and catapulted him several metres backwards. They finally got to their feet and fled, screeching away in their car. My protector fell to the ground.
"Are you okay?" I asked in great concern, crouching down.
"I'm almost out of time, my power is moving on. I'm dying." she weakly replied.


Part 5


"Dying?!?" I shrieked.
"Yes, take this." She handed me an envelope."The contents of this will give you a clue to when your adventure and very happy and long life will begin. The dreams you have been having recently were caused by me, I put them there. Show this to him and he'll know what to do." She passed me a necklace with a strange looking eagle-like bird hanging from it. "I've been giving him some special dreams also, even though I know he's too clever to believe them, in the way you did."
"I'm not sure I understand." I said without thinking.
"You will once you open the envelope. But wait until tomorrow 9:21am, OK?"
"Okay"
"Good, I would have liked to have stayed longer, to see him again. I haven't seen him in over 250 years!" She giggled, looking grey and tired now.
"250 years! How old are you?" I asked in shock.
"Oh, I lost count long ago...." she paused. "Time for me to go," she continued.

As the sunlight was extinguished by a cloud, so was her life. She lay limp on the ground, the light in her eyes and glow of her skin faded. I stood up and took a step back; a tear rolled down my cheek. I gasped! Her body crumbled to dust right before my eyes, and the same eagle-like bird rose into the sky and drifted toward the now brightly shining sun. I smiled.

The next day back at home, I sat on my bed, watching the clock hanging on my wall. The time read 9:20am; not able to wait any longer I ripped open the envelope. It had just one photo in it, a picture of a man. Then I heard my mum shout that I had visitor at the door. I froze as I came down the stairs, for the same man in the photo was now at my front door.

"Hello, my name is Professor Charles Xavier. I take it you're the lovely Jean Grey I have been told to meet," he said while positioning his wheelchair in the hallway.


THE END.

2 comments: